Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Review: Elusive Echoes

For this review, I chose Elusive Echoes (The Echoes of Orson's Folly) by Kay Springsteen, which is my first book I have read by this author.  This is the second book in The Echoes of Orson's Folly.  Book #1 is called Lifeline Echoes.  Book #3 is called Abiding Echoes.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
They're two people caught between friendship and something more; they can't move forward, and they can't let go.

Drawn together from early childhood, Sean McGee and Melanie Mitchell seemed destined for each other. But at age thirteen, Melanie was wrenched from the people she loved and forced onto a path she loathed. Sean was no stranger to people leaving, but losing Melanie devastated him. When she suddenly reappeared in Orson's Folly, Sean was overjoyed. The Melanie who came home, though, wasn't the same girl. She's got a harder edge and she's obviously hiding something, but Sean no longer knows how to reach her.

Returning to Orson's Folly as an adult, all Melanie wanted to do was forget the years she spent away. But she soon learned that going home didn't mean she could return to her old life or her childhood sweetheart, Sean. Even their mutual attraction to one another hasn't rebuilt the bond of trust and closeness they once shared. It's been seven years since she returned and now everything Melanie wants to forget has broadsided her. She must confront her demons and relive her past in an unexpected way or risk losing the only man she's ever loved. But even if she succeeds, Sean might be lost to her anyway.

I loved that this book was in a small town, Orson's Folly.  This book had a lot packed into it.  
Mystery (what her half brother is up to)
Secrets (have to read to find out what, who, etc)
Love 
Romance
Sadness
Humor
Hope
Love
Passion

I do not understand what took Sean and Mel so long to get together.  They love one another.  They were not talking about what was in their heads.  One or both of them was hiding something from the other (not going to tell you which one-read the book!).  

This book got to me.  I am not sure how to explain it.  The things Mel went through to get to where she was.  To be back in the town that she loves means a lot to her.  To be back with Sean.  This book reminded me that with hope, love, and passion you can do anything.

I could not put this book down.  I had to know the answers to all of my questions, which I am not going to put here because I would give too much away.

I want to read Book #1 and Book #3 (titles in the first paragraph).


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Teachers Act 2 by R.L. Merrill

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: