Saturday, May 30, 2015

Review: The Rock Season

For this review, I chose The Rock Season by R.L. Merrill.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Stevie Wilson is about to welcome a new life into an unsure world. Estranged from the father of her unborn child, she turns to her love of attending concerts with her vivacious best friend to deal with the stress and uncertainty. As a teacher and blogger, she counts on the magic of the music to ease her troubled thoughts of what will come next. What she wasn’t counting on was meeting a “savior” with fathomless, dark brown eyes.

Aaron McShane gave up a lucrative Silicon Valley career to live the dream of owning an independent music store in downtown Hayward. His responsibilities have kept him from finding and settling down with the right person, but he wouldn’t have it any other way. With his bicultural, multigenerational family all under one roof and giving him grief, he takes on a second job doing security at his favorite venue so he can escape and be close to his first love: music. What better place, especially when one gets to rescue a pregnant damsel in distress with a gorgeous mane of fiery red hair?

These two music lovers are thrust together just when they each needed something to hold on to. Can their fledgling love withstand the pressures of family, grief, and violence? Music brought them together, will it help them heal together?


I loved the story line.  Stevie had it rough.  Her parents are not with her anymore.  She thought the boyfriend was the one, but he turned out to the worse kind.  Now Stevie was pregnant and the father wanted nothing to do with either her or their unborn baby.  How cruel!   Then, one night at a concert Stevie sees this cute man, who has eyes for her, too.  Will they be able to put things from their past aside or go through whatever they needed to do so they could be together?

Stevie and Aaron have one challenge after another.  Each one making them stronger together if only they saw that.  

This was a sweet romance that tugged at my heart.  It reminded me of all of the challenges my husband and I had during our marriage.  I know there will be plenty more challenges for us to over come.  We learned that we are stronger together over coming those challenges than apart working on them.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: