Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review: The Girl He Knows

For this review, I chose The Girl He Knows by Kristi Rose, which is my first book I read by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Waking up naked next to a good looking man is not a bad way to start the day. Especially since Paisley missed all those opportunities in college, when she was too busy supporting her no good, thankfully now, ex-husband. The problem? This hottie is Hank, her best friend’s older brother, a guy she’s known her entire life.

Stopping after one night is the right thing to do. Being with him clearly breaks the best friend code, and from his career as a Naval officer to his Boy Scout reputation, everything about him screams monogamy and commitment. Two things Paisley has had enough of.

When Hank presents a “no strings attached” offer, it’s too good to be true. She can enjoy him while still embracing being single. But, poor choices force her to confront old fears of love and loss, and Paisley has to decide if Hank is worth the risk. The alternative is never experiencing the real deal. Or far worse, settling for less.
 

This book brought out a lot of emotions in me.  Paisley and Hank have been friends forever.  She is the best friend of Hank's sister, Gigi.  Paisley has gone through a divorce and has lost a piece of herself on the way.  She is trying to find herself.  The old her before she got married.  This book is also about second chances.  Will Paisley and Hank be able to find their way to each other?

Paisley has in her head that she can not be with her best friend's brother because it is against so girl rule.  I think if my best friend found love with my brother, then it would be great if she would be my sister in law.  (that never happened in my life).  

Great book!  I will definitely be reading more from Kristi Rose.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Election Connection by Monica Tillery

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: