Thursday, May 14, 2015

Review: The Dead Man's Treasure

For this review, I chose The Dead Man's Treasure by Kris Bock.  This book is a part of a series called Southwest Treasures.  Book #1 is called The Mad Monk's Treasure.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Rebecca Westin is shocked to learn the grandfather she never knew has left her a bona fide buried treasure – but only if she can decipher a complex series of clues leading to it. The hunt would be challenging enough without interference from her half-siblings, who are determined to find the treasure first and keep it for themselves. Good thing Rebecca has recruited some help, in the form of a green-eyed charmer determined to show her that a desert adventure can be sexy and fun. But there’s a treacherous wildcard in the mix, a man willing to do anything to get that treasure – and revenge. In a frantic race across New Mexico, Rebecca will have to ignore caution in a defiant bid for victory. If she fails, she could lose everything.

Action and romance combine in this lively Southwestern adventure, complete with riddles the reader is invited to solve to identify historical and cultural sites around New Mexico. See the DMT page of Kris Bock’s website for a printable list of the clues and recipes from the book.

The first book in the Southwest Treasure Hunters series is The Mad Monk’s Treasure. The Dead Man’s Treasure is book 2. Each novel stands alone and is complete, with no cliffhangers. This series mixes action and adventure with "closed door" romance. The stories explore the Southwest, especially New Mexico.


Once again, I could not put down this book!!  I loved it.  It had so much packed into it:
Action
Mystery
Adventure
Treasure Hunting
Romance

Danger
Sibling Rivalry

I have said this before, but I normally read romance books and at times I like to read books with a bit of action and mystery in it.  Once again this book definitely had me sitting on the edge of my seat.  I loved that the background of these book and book #1 in this series are set in the Southwest.   I loved it.  It was nice to have this being different than what I normally read.  I think the setting was described so beautifully that you can see in your own mind.

I have to say this, but I love the title: A Dead Man's Treasure.  What a brilliant idea for a title and the whole plot of the book is behind it!

I love that Rebecca went to someone who she heard of for help.  Rebecca is a strong woman.  Rebecca is so sweet and opposite of her half siblings.  I do like Tiffany, but I kept thinking could she be trusted?  Don't get me started on Rick!  What an creep!!

I love that there are clues that Rebecca and her half siblings have to follow.  You find a clue to move on to the next clue.  There are 5 clues all together.  I loved how each clue was broken down to what they thought it meant.  Her grandfather loved puzzles.  

I will be reading more from Kris Bock!!


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Salvation: The Italian Story by Reana Malori

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: