Friday, May 8, 2015

Review: The Lie

For this review, I chose The Lie by Bethany Mills and Carmen Love, which is the first book by these 2 authors.  This is part of the series called The Tell All.  Book #2 is called Betrayal and it came out in March, but I can not find it on Amazon.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Jeanette Jenkins loves the country life and everyone in her small town. She didn't plan on meeting anyone or dating, seeing as she's sworn off men, but that's all about to change when she goes to help out on a friend's ranch. Paul Matthews is on the crest of becoming the most prominent businessman in his father's company. There's only one problem: he has a secret. When he's encouraged to get the secret out of his system, he travels to a small-town ranch to work and meets the beautiful Jeanette, whom he wants in his bed instantly. Now he has to decide: tell her the truth about himself...or lie?



This was not what I was expecting, but I could not put this book down.  This is not the normal type of book I read, but the description sounded like it would be a good book.  I was curious to see what his secret is.  WOW!!  What a secret!  I think I would make him suffer awhile for keeping a secret from me.  I kept thinking if he did not have a password for his laptop!  Hello, get one if you don't.  Come on, with these days, you need to password everything.  Sorry, I am big into passwords.  I have one for my ipad, iphone, and my laptop.  No, not the same ones either.  They should not be a pet's name, birthday, anniversary, etc.  It needs to be uncommon of you.  All of my passwords are random. 

Enough about that, let's talk about this book.  I loved it.  I read it today.  When I started reading it, I was on a field trip coming back to my son's school.  Did I tell you he goes to a private school?  What a surprise when I was reading this on the bus!!  I can not remember how much I read before I had to stop.  I wanted to laugh at some of the things I was reading.  Then, when I started the second time, I was in my van while my husband drove and I could not read a lot since he was talking to me.  Third time was in a restaurant while my husband took the kids over to play some games after we ate.  Then, I finished it at home in 2 different places.

I love the characters of this book a lot.  Jeanette did not allow Paul to push her around.  She is definitely strong willed.  I am not too sure about Destiny.  I think we will find out more on this in Book #2 (Betrayal) and much more.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Second Hand Stops

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: