Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday's Thought: What we can do

I want to do more than just review books.  I want us to talk about what we read.  If you have a favorite author, please tell me.  I am always looking for more to read.  

I am hoping that each Thursday I will post Thursday's Thought.  Each week in this post I will talk about something about reading, authors, books, etc.  This week I want to talk about what we can do as readers for our favorite authors.

What us readers can do for our favorite authors?
1.  Review their books
-It does not take long to review a book that you loved.  It does not have to be long.  Tell us why you like/loved/didn't like the book.  There are many sites to do this.  I review books on here (as you can tell), Goodreads, and Amazon.  

2.  Like their Facebook Pages.
-I did a post about My Top 5 Authors I follow.  I follow Jennifer Bernard because she does a Happy Firemen Friday post (OMG, must see posts here).  I am married to a volunteer fireman.

3.  Share their Facebook Posts.
-I think this is important especially when a new book comes out.  I know it helps me know when a book in a series I am reading comes out if it shows up on a friend's wall, but it also helps me know any book which that author wrote.  Maybe I did not know that she wrote that particular book.  Now I can put it on my TRL list on Goodreads and get it.

4. Like them on other sites, too.  Like Goodreads, Amazon, etc.

5.  Follow them on Twitter.
-Now I do follow some of the authors I follow, but I am not on Twitter that much.  I do hope to add some more authors to my Twitter so I can share what reviews I have done on there and use the proper Hashtag for them.  I am not sure how long I have been on Twitter, but I am still a newbie.

6.  Sign up for their newsletters.
-Again this does not take long.  You get information in an email about upcoming books.  I love series.  It is a favorite of my.  Having an author send me an email about an upcoming book helps me out a lot. 7.  Tell your friends about what you are reading.

8.  Send an email or a comment on Facebook saying how much you loved a particular book.  They would love to know that.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.  I hope you liked it.
Happy Reading!
Melissa

No comments: