Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 1: Shane Stryker of Summer Nights

Welcome to the first day of 31 days!!  Our first book boyfriend I picked is Shane Stryker of Summer Nights by Susan Mallery.


Summer Nights is my favorite book in the Fool's Gold Series.  I love how Shane got rope into more than he wanted to.  His ideas was great to have the kids come to his ranch for horseback riding lessons.  I loved when Charlie brought him a little girl from the burn unit to ride one of the horses.  This made me cry. 

When Ashleigh first started riding,  it was at a Ranch like Shane's and it was being offered by a couple (Donna and her husband).  I found out through Ashleigh's physical therapist offering lessons for disabled children at their ranch.  They did this all for free.  It was a way for them to give back. Yes, this book touches my heart in more ways than any books has ever done.  This book also reminds me of Ashleigh's struggles with her pain & her disease, Spastic Paraparesis.

Shane's ideas were great. They made me cry. As a mom of a child like my daughter, horseback riding is very good for her & it helps build those muscles.   What touched me the most was the child with burns riding the pony.  After we left this ranch, Ashleigh started Special Olympics Horseback Riding.  We love where this is held.  They are wonderful.  They also have camps during the summer.  Ashleigh loves to ride her favorite horse, Buddy, there.   

Back to Shane, he cares about the kids he is helping.  At first, Shane gets roped into things, but everything works out.  He fells in love with Annabelle and would do anything for her.  Shane is hot, caring, romantic, and wants Annabelle more than anything.

My favorite Shane quote is:
"I know you're nothing like my ex-wife.  I know you're good and kind and caring and loyal.  I like everything about you, Annabelle Weiss.  More than that, I love you.  I'm sorry it took me so long to figure that out, but I did and I'm standing here to say I love you.  I want to spend the rest of my life with you and our baby."

Happy Reading!
Melissa

No comments: