Monday, October 12, 2015

Review: Gambling on the Bodyguard

For this review, I chose Gambling on the Bodyguard by Sarah Ballance.  This is Book #8 in the What Happens in Vegas.  Each book is written from different authors.  I have not read any of the descriptions for the other books in this series yet, but I will.  Then, if I want to read them, they will go on my TBR list on Goodreads.  Here are the other books in this series:
#1- Tempting her Best Friend by Gina L. Maxwell
#2- The Makeover Mistake by Kathy Lyons
#3- A Change of Plans by Robyn Thomas
#4- Masquerading with the CEO by Dawn Chartier
#5- Just One Reason by Brooklyn Skye
#6- Tamed by the Outlaw by Michelle Sharp
#7- Tempted by Mr. Write by Sara Hantz
#9- Seducing Seven by M.K. Meredith

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
He'll guard her body all night long... 

Ski instructor Ellie Montgomery hits Vegas during a romance convention to meet the man of her dreams...only, the man of her dreams isn't the cover model she's there to see. He's the hot-as-sin bodyguard who catches her sneaking in the back door of a meet-and-greet, and he seems more than ready to do what it takes to prove he's twice the man her pretty boy crush could ever be.

Jax Mathis couldn't resist snagging a date with Ellie, but he didn't count on the attraction being more than physical. They connect on a level he didn't think possible--and he can't run fast enough. She makes him want things he thought he'd never have, and maybe, just maybe, they're within reach. But to have it, he'll have to face the one mountain he swore he'd never climb...and with no guarantee she'll be waiting on the other side.
 

If you want to read a good relaxing romantic book, then this is the book!  Ellie is a good girl, who does everything by the book.  She goes to Las Vegas to meet a book model since she won a ticket.  It turns out that "the man of her dreams" isn't who she thought he would be. Ellie has eyes on the book model's bodyguard, Jax, but will he let her into his world?  Jax wants to get to know Ellie more before going to bed with her.  He wants her more than he should, but there is something about Ellie he can not get out of his head.


This was very well written with characters that were real to me.  I could not stop reading.  I was hooked from page 1.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: A Spirited Love: A Five Senses Short

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: