Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review: Sacrifice

For this review, I chose Sacrifice by Reana Malori.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Monica Banks and Tyler Green have spent the better part of a year being sarcastic, caustic, and halfway in love with one another. What will Monica do once Tyler gets tired of waiting and makes the first move? Little does she know, he’s not just looking for some short-term fun. With Monica, he wants forever.

Gunnery Sergeant Tyler Green never made apologies for who he was, and wasn’t about to start now. People either accepted him just the way he was, or they didn’t. And he’d always been okay with that. Then he’d met her and his world was turned upside down. Monica Banks captured his attention from day one and had never let go. Patience was never one of Tyler’s virtues, but he knew that Monica would need time to get used to the idea of being with him and everything that came with it. Telling Monica how he felt about her was all Tyler could focus on and after a year of holding back, he was done waiting.

Staff Sergeant Monica Banks had experienced loss as a young child and promised herself she would never love someone enough that she would lose herself. Watching her father mourn the loss of her mother had colored her view of love, and what it would mean to ever lose that person. And then, Tyler Green had walked into her life. Like a bull in a china shop, he crashed through every barrier she erected, tearing down her resistance little by little. Soon, he was the only man she could see herself loving.

Tyler and Monica must find their way to each other, all while battling their own stubborn will, dealing with an obsessive stalker not willing to let Monica go, and understanding that loving someone with everything you are, doesn’t mean sacrificing yourself in the process.
 

This is the third book of Heaven on Earth series.  Book #1 is Escape to Heaven.  Book #2 is Redemption.  

I had many emotions when I read this book.  Anger at Russell.  Sadness for the loss of parents.  Happy to read what has been up with the other characters from the previous books.  Joy when I got to the end.

Another thing I saw in this book is a lot of adjectives to describe the heroine and the hero.  Monica was definitely beautiful, strong, fiesty, successful capable woman.  Tyler was definitely irresistible, intense, engaging, sensual, pushy, seducer, protector, friend, and Alpha wolf.  There was only one thing I could not stand about Tyler is that his personality was all over the place.  One minute sweet and the next so very pushy where it had to be his way or no way.  I would had been fighting just like Monica did.  With Tyler like this, we got to see Monica push back.

I really enjoyed this series.  Love this family and it is growing bigger with every book.  I hope there will be more so we can see how Daniel, and Noah are doing.  I would love to see more about Tony, too.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Mistletoe Mantra by Nana Malone

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: