Thursday, October 22, 2015

Review: In Bed with the Bodyguard

For this review, I chose In Bed with the Bodyguard by Lynne Silver.  This is Book #2 of the Alpha Heroes series.  Book #1 is Hot Nights with the Fireman.  Book #3 is In Deep with the FBI Agent.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
IN BED WITH THE BODYGUARD

Gallery owner Ariana Rose's life is picture-perfect—until her father is accused of running a massive Ponzi scheme and skips town. The media quickly casts Washington, DC's sweetheart as America's most hated heiress. After the police ignore a violent attack on her home, Ari has only one place left to turn...

Taking a bullet for the president made Secret Service agent Lance Brown a national hero. His sexy smile and action-star body made him a national sex symbol. And his devotion to protecting the innocent makes him the man in charge of guarding Ariana Rose. She denies her role in her father's crimes, but neither she nor Lance can deny the heat building between them. Together they play a dangerous game . . . only it's not criminal—it's carnal.

Wow!  So far, this is my favorite book in this series!!  If you follow my reviews, you know one thing: I love Firemen books (married to a Volunteer Fireman).  It was the emotions of the book that made it my favorite.  We have 2 different people, but at the same time they have things in common.  One by the book and one who is not.  

Ariana Rose is a gallery owner and she is getting ready for her first show.  Her father did a terrible thing.  Ari is getting all kinds of negative media because of her father.  Lance Brown is a Secret Service agent on medical leave from taking a bullet meant for the President.  He becomes Ari's bodyguard.

My favorite character besides Ari was Lance's Nana.  She is sweet, feeds you, and loves to visit with her grandson and Ari.  Reminds me of my grandma.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: A Friendly Arrangement by Christine Warner

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: