Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: Call Me

For this review, I chose Call Me by Kristina Knight.  

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Katrina Phillips likes her quiet life, but a chance to sing backup for the hottest band on the planet is too tempting to ignore. The only problem? Pushy lead guitarist Josh Hanna, who makes her question everything she thought she believed about life...and love.

I really enjoy Kristina Knight's books.  I have read I think 3 so far by her.  I really enjoyed the Anthem series.  This is book #3.  Light My Fire is book #1 and I have read it.  I need to read book #2, Start Me Up.  It is well written with believable characters and great descriptions.

Katrina feels unsettled and it is a feeling she can not shake.  What does Katrina need to do to feel like her old self?  Have a wild monkey sex one night stand?  Get back to singing?  

This book was short, but I love that.  It was a fast read.  It has a lot packed into it.  Sadness, hope for a lost that one lost, heartbreak, love, longing for one another, getting passed their baggage (truth why Josh left Kat 5 years earlier).  Everyone is pairing up around her, but here she is alone.  Kat knows something is missing from her life, but what?  

Kat sees Josh and so much comes rushing back.  She thinks one wild monkey one night stand would get her out of feeling unsettled.  Did it happened?  I love second chances in romance books.  It is one of my top themes.   I have learned that in relationships usually one or both parties are holding back because he/she/they are afraid of being hurt.  That is it with both Kat and Josh, but for Josh, there is more.  The reason why he left 5 years ago.  He thinks he does not have to tell Kat why he left, but to me, I would have to know.  I would be thinking "Would he leave again?"

Great book!


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Accidentally Hers

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: