Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review: A Spirited Love

For this review, I chose A Spirited Love: A Five Senses Short by Gemma Brocato.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Hearts entwined, their love will conquer history. 

Jem Kerrigan appears to have it all. Her husband, Jack, loves her to distraction. She owns a thriving cafĂ© in Granite Pointe, and she’s considering expanding her business. The only thing not falling nicely into place, the thing she wants most, is a baby bump. 

Hoping to distract Jem from their inability to conceive, Jack buys Sea View House and encourages her to pursue her dream of opening a banquet space. Jem is skeptical when she sees the dilapidated wreck atop a bluff. Deserted for a decade, rumors are rampant about ghosts and ill-fated love stories. While there is something haunting about the hundred-year-old mansion, the woven hearts themeenchants Jem.

After discovering the tragic story of the original owners, Jem begins to understand the importance of the carvings of entwined hearts scattered throughout the house. The motif quickly becomes a symbol of Jem’s love for Jack. The promise of their future together is spirited, even if Jem’s arms remain empty.

It is great to go back Granite Point and seeing some of the characters from the previous books in the series.  If you want to read other books in this series, I recommend Cooking Up Love (#1), Hearts in Harmony (#2), Exposed to Passion (#3).  There is another short called A Winter Wedding, which I would love to read. 

Jem and Jack are the characters from Book #1 (Cooking Up Love).  They are trying to have a baby and are having issues.  Jack buys this old house called Sea View with his brother.  The history behind this house had me glued to find out more.  The original owners were a Sea Captain and his wife.  I wanted to see this house in person by the way it was described.  I love old houses.  They are built to last.

This book warmed my heart.  I was hooked from page 1.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Honeymoon Bite

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: